National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
Nominations for the Daytime Emmy Awards were announced this morning -- and TODAY leads the pack among morning news shows!
The awards recognize outstanding achievement in all fields of daytime television production and are presented to individuals and programs broadcast from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. during the 2010 calendar year.
Just being recognized by The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in this way is a huge honor. And we want to thank our amazing viewers for helping make this happen -- we're driven by your dedication and loyalty to put out the best show possible every morning.
Here is a list of TODAY's nominations:
- Outstanding Morning Program
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design: Edward Helbig, Aaron Black, Sarah Coombs and April Bartlett.
- Outstanding Directing/Outstanding Directing In A Talk Show/Morning: Joe Michaels.
- Outstanding Achievement in Live & Direct To Tape Sound Mixing: Dave Levens and Matt Rifino.
- Outstanding Achievement in Main Title and Graphic Design: Patrick McGlynn, Jason Krilovich, Mark Perricone, Christopher Jamros, David Lawson, Susan Burgos, Robert Samartino, Anne Elbaqali, Tara Donnelly, Bill Affatigato, Louis Viana, Ellen Paik, Eddy Petersen, June Shiiki, Barry Herzner, Doug Vitarelli, Cleber Redondo, Carlos Rodriguez, Gary Petrini, Sima Malah, Kevin Hale, Richard Gordon, Millie Verastegui-Hester, William Honkanen, Magda Stenzel and Peter Krugman.
- Outstanding Achievement in Technical Direction/Electronic Camera/Video Control: Russell Ross.
One more note: The 84th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, the NBC staple co-hosted by Matt, Meredith and Al, received four nominations.
Congratulations to all of the nominees! And thanks again for your continued support.